We are looking for a Copywriter super star. You must love creative and business in equal measures. You’re conceptual and tactical. You see the big picture and the brush strokes. You are equally comfortable with industries, technical content and audiences; as you are with storytelling, brand narratives and headlines. You’re a wordsmith at heart – there’s nothing you can’t or won’t write to engage and inspire action.
You will support the delivery of game-changing strategy, creative and activation work to our clients as well as our own marketing content. We are looking for someone who wants to create content that has an undeniable impact on our client’s bottom line. We have a highly collaborative team so collaboration must be one of your core values.
WHAT WE DO?
The Pudding is an international branding company focused on helping companies to create game-changing brands that deliver business results. We strategise. We create. We activate. We measure.
We are a young company doing great things. And we have even bigger plans. We need smart people to help grow the business. If you love fast-paced environments’ and want to build game-changing brands, keep reading!
- Research and input into business-focused concept development ideas/ routes for new brand identities and activation campaigns.
- Work closely with our strategists and creatives on the art direction of new brand identities.
- Create and write tone of voice guidelines for new brand identities.
- Work closely with our strategists and creatives on the art direction and styling of activation campaigns in line with the client’s commercial objectives, target audience and brand personality.
- Create, edit and re-package copy for use in campaigns across a range of activation channels: social media, script-writing for video and radio, online and offline advertising, website etc.
- Structure/ paginate and copy-write corporate and employer brand marketing collateral for our clients.
- Create, edit and proof-read all our content-related client deliverables to ensure these are consistently delivered in line with the client’s commercial objectives and brand personality.
BRAND STRATEGY (40%)
- Research and deliver brand audits on all elements of a client’s brand in advance of client workshops.
- Create relevant workshop content decks and materials in advance of workshop delivery.
- Attend and impactfully input to brand workshops with our clients. Be the ears and eyes for our strategists in these workshops, capture all brand strategy elements and issue summary notes.
- Create summary workshop outcome reports following the delivery of client brand workshops.
- Support the creation of inspiring and directional briefs that help translate the client’s commercial objectives into impactful creative and activation work.
- Research and write new business proposals and pitch documents for The Pudding.
- Create and deliver an effective content marketing strategy and editorial plan to meet The Pudding business objectives.
- Help create new content that engages CEOs and Heads of Marketing. Research and draft content for different formats and channels e.g. podcast, social, video, SEO etc.
- Create, and activate a detailed editorial plan (by month).
- Work closely with our creative team to develop assets (shareables, image bank etc.) to help activate our brand across multiple channels.
- Drive and own our case studies – copy and creative.
- Schedule all weekly social media content.
- Use google analytics to monitor and track the activity on The Pudding website and produce marketing activity report. Recommend changes.
- Prepare award entries.
- At least 4+ years of copywriting/ content marketing/ strategy experience. Copywriting experience in a client-facing agency role would be a distinct advantage.
- An undergraduate degree in english, media or communications, journalism or marketing.
- Deep expertise in at least 3 of the following specialist areas: Concept statements & research, brand story-writing, tone of voice/ personality, storyboarding, creative/ advertising copywriting, technical writing, script-writing, marketing copywriting (for web and mobile) and explainer/ functional copywriting.
- Commercially sharp. Natural ability to connect dots and understand customer and business implications. Willing to proactively and consistently research and get up-to-speed on new industry sectors and businesses.
- You must be a team-player. There are no egos in The Pudding.
- Excellent understanding of the fundamentals of B2B & B2C marketing. Experience in creating copy for multiple content formats/ marketing channels.
COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS
- Passion for writing and editing great copy and for delivering outstanding work of course!
- Addicted to watching and identifying trends and innovation (e.g. campaigns, media formats etc.) Passion for being at the leading edge of brands, creative/ design, copy and marketing.
- A growth mindset. Willing to own problems. A desire to make things better.
- It’s fast-paced here. Comfortable with working on multiple projects at the same time.
- Driven and ambitious with a can-do attitude. Open to new ideas and influences.
- Unbelievable attention to detail.
- Flexible. Willing to get stuck in, deal with ambiguity and work across a wide range of project types.
Send your cv and cover letter or portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.