We are looking for an Operations Director who will make an impact. To take charge of the day to day Operations of the business and to coordinate a talented group of people to optimal delivery for our clients. You will take the reins for improving performance, productivity, efficiency and profitability through the implementation of effective strategies and processes. We want you to help us create a high- performing team of designers, account executives, copywriters, strategists and other direct and indirect reports.
WHO ARE WE?
We are an independent branding company passionate about connecting people to purpose. We are small, agile and we have big ambitions. We have worked with some of the worlds’ leading organisations and we want to continue to grow and evolve. Relationships are core to everything we do and that starts
with the team internally extending out to our partners and clients. We believe in autonomy and practicing what we preach. So, if you love fast-paced environments, relish in autonomy and would like to help us grow and evolve, keep reading.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
● Are you an experienced leader with a lengthy proven track record for driving consultancy and creative projects from inception to execution?
● Are you a problem solver who always keeps the big picture in mind while focusing on the details that matter?
● Have you created and driven a culture of collaboration and teamwork?
● Have you a proven track record with processes, systems, and approaches to make everything around you operate better?
● Do you have what it takes to lead and motivate cross-functional teams?
● Have you built strong relationships while holding people accountable to create a fun, yet driven culture and team?
HERE IS WHAT YOU WILL DO
Operations: Ensure delivery and drive profit.
● Visualise, dissect and report on profitability
● Explore and implement strategies to improve efficiency and profitability
● Implement processes with project teams for improvements in deliverability
● Discover and manage partnerships & outsourcing resources
● Build culture and team relationships
● Deliver organisational leadership and strategic planning.
● Accountability for operational metrics, such as time-to-value and client satisfaction, as well as profitability targets and timely forecasting and reporting of project variables (revenue, staffing, work in progress, debt etc.)
● Leverage senior client relationships to support growth and business development
Management: Manage internal teams.
● Design and implement onboarding, new employee training and ongoing education programs
● Manage Project Managers to forecast schedules, determine priorities and allocate tasks.
● Plan, organise and lead teams for internal initiatives and ensure accountability.
● Hold reviews and course correct managers as well as team members
● Set critical numbers for the team and individuals for regular benchmarking and review
● Assist in the hiring process for new team members
● Monitor for operations or production issues to escalate and assemble as well as lead a team to quick solutions
Value Creation: Spend time working on our approaches to deliver value to our clients
● Lead team members and experts to improve our solution offerings
● Explore and select software and partners
● Improve client strategic approach and relationship growth approach
● Ensure quality of the solutions we produce
Client Experience: Constantly improve our customer experience
● Implement processes and systems to measure and report on client on experiences
● Improve approaches for communication, visibility, reporting for clients
● Discover, evaluate and implement software/systems for customer engagement
● Handle client issues or challenges and develop quick solutions to problems
● Manage scope creep in a mutually beneficial way for the company and client
ARE YOU THE RIGHT FIT?
● You must have at least 12 years’ experience in the communications industry
● You must have 10 years’ experience in project management and process improvement
● You must have 5 years’ experience in leading and scaling teams
● You are data driven and people centric
WHAT YOU WILL GET
● Competitive salary. Salary is dependent on experience. We are looking for someone at a senior level, not entry-level.
● Remote first working culture.
● Be a major part of driving our growth journey
● Real impact – people here make a difference and create the direction of the company.
● Autonomy & responsibility – we believe in hiring smart people and getting out of the way.
If you are interested in applying for this position please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a cover letter to let us know why you are the right person for this position.